Since the release of v2.0, we have been working on a number of exciting new features, and we want to share some of the details with you. You can expect the following to arrive in the next couple of weeks:
- Allow side scrolling for flipping through folders on the main page
- Added thumbnail support throughout the app, including the folder page and the favorites panel
- Added support for displaying information for the most recently received message on the main app tile
- Added support for international characters, for both contact names and messages
- Phone number action links can now also dial through Google Voice
These are primarily based on feedback received by users; if you have not submitted your own requests yet, visit http://metrotalk.uservoice.com and send us your ideas today!
Unfortunately v2.2 introduced a bug, which causes the review screen to be displayed every time the app is launched. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience. This bug managed to slip through our testing due to the following: the specific screen does not appear until after a few weeks since the app has been installed. Every re-installation resets this timer, thus we never had the opportunity to see this in our testing, were re-installs are often involved.
MetroTalk v2.3 is currently available from the Marketplace for fixing this issue. Early next week, v2.3 will also be available for MetroTalk Free, for addressing the same problem. In the meantime, you can follow these instructions for permanently dismissing the screen, without needing to wait for an update.
- Enter the app, wait for the review screen to appear, and dismiss it.
- From the application bar, enter “Settings” and then “General”.
- Hit the back button on your device, all the way until exiting the app.
The problem should now be resolved. Once again, we apologize about this issue. We will do our best to ensure, that no similar problems will come up in the future.