MetroTalk is the first Windows Phone app that gives a fluid Google Voice experience. It comes with full Mango support and includes push notifications for instantly receiving SMS messages and voicemail, even when the app is not active. Performance and user experience have been the major focus during development.
The trial/free version is ad-supported, and comes with all the features of the full version. However if you enjoy using MetroTalk, we strongly suggest upgrading for further supporting future development.
– Instantly receive toast notifications for new messages
– Live tile with new messages indicator
– Customize which folders to display
– View SMS messages organized by folder
– Play voicemail messages and view transcripts
– Manage SMS messages individually or in bulk
– Quickly view and reply to new messages, without the need to launch the full application
– Easily copy or forward SMS messages
– Autocomplete box for selecting contacts
– Place calls using either callback or by placing direct calls through a Google Voice access number
– Intelligent processing for minimizing data transfers and local processing
– Securely store your username and password on the device
– Pin folders or contacts to the start screen for quick access
– View previously retrieved messages offline (no data connection required)
– Attractive, fluid, full Metro experience
For using this application, a Google Voice account is required. If 2-step verification is activated on your Google account, then an application-specific password is required.
Google Voice is not a VoIP service. Any calls placed through MetroTalk, will use minutes from your current wireless voice plan, plus applicable charges in your Google Voice account. As of the time of publishing, both sending and receiving SMS messages is free. Please visit http://www.google.com/voice for more details.