We are sad to announce that after a request by Google, MetroTalk will be removed from the Windows Phone store on May 1, 2014. We apologize to all our users for this but the decision is beyond our control, and in fact affects all third-party Google Voice apps. The good news is that the app will remain available and fully functional for 6 more months, and you can expect bug fix updates during that time. A huge thank you to all of our users for making us one of the top downloaded and highest rated apps of the Windows Phone store. Once again, we truly apologize to everyone affected by this.
All posts by metrotalk
- New: Complete overhaul of the Call/Text page with support for T9 dialing
- New: Multiple accounts support with full support for push notifications
- New: Added ability to automatically configure push notifications on Gmail accounts
- New: It is now possible to (manually) configure push notifications on non-Gmail accounts (e.g. Outlook)
- New: Added a new setup wizard for automatically configuring the application
- New: Added “international filtering” calling method
- Update: Security improvements
- Bug fix: Fixed UI issue where lists would occasionally fail to display all their items
- New: Added “send text” option in the context menu (long-tap in folders)
- Bug fix: Deleting items from the trash folder using the application bar now works as intended
- Other: Various fixes and updates
The first release for WP8 is now available. There are many new features, and even more will follow in the next few weeks! Don’t forget to unable the message counter for your lock screen!
Here’s the full changelog:
- New: Windows Phone 8 support
- New: Fast resume
- New: Multi-size tile support
- New: Lock-screen unread counter
- New: Text-to-speech
- New: Added ability to auto-dial a contact directly from the start screen (a new pin-to-start menu has been introduced in Call/Text)
- New: Additional folder pages can now be downloaded using a scroll-up gesture
- New: Option for enabling private mode, which hides any sender or content info for new notifications
- New: Option to disable vibrating on new messages
- Update: Added new icon for the Call/Text secondary tile
- Update: The account PIN is now hidden in settings
- Bug fix: Secondary tiles are working now on WP8
Grab the app now from here:
Another update is out today with lots of bug fixes and a couple of helpful new features:
- New: Added ability to dial without the need of a data connection
- New: Added new “pin to start” option for Call/Text with auto dialer
- Bug fix: The “send” button is now properly enabled where appropriate
- Bug fix: The callback dialing option would sometimes fail repeatedly
- Bug fix: Loading contact photos would sometimes result in a crash
- Bug fix: New messages now properly allow newline characters
- Bug fix: Updating the live tile now properly resets the backtile text
- Bug fix: Opening conversations would sometimes repeatedly result in an error until a full folder refresh
Since the release of v2.0, we have been working on a number of exciting new features, and we want to share some of the details with you. You can expect the following to arrive in the next couple of weeks:
- Allow side scrolling for flipping through folders on the main page
- Added thumbnail support throughout the app, including the folder page and the favorites panel
- Added support for displaying information for the most recently received message on the main app tile
- Added support for international characters, for both contact names and messages
- Phone number action links can now also dial through Google Voice
These are primarily based on feedback received by users; if you have not submitted your own requests yet, visit http://metrotalk.uservoice.com and send us your ideas today!
Unfortunately v2.2 introduced a bug, which causes the review screen to be displayed every time the app is launched. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience. This bug managed to slip through our testing due to the following: the specific screen does not appear until after a few weeks since the app has been installed. Every re-installation resets this timer, thus we never had the opportunity to see this in our testing, were re-installs are often involved.
MetroTalk v2.3 is currently available from the Marketplace for fixing this issue. Early next week, v2.3 will also be available for MetroTalk Free, for addressing the same problem. In the meantime, you can follow these instructions for permanently dismissing the screen, without needing to wait for an update.
- Enter the app, wait for the review screen to appear, and dismiss it.
- From the application bar, enter “Settings” and then “General”.
- Hit the back button on your device, all the way until exiting the app.
The problem should now be resolved. Once again, we apologize about this issue. We will do our best to ensure, that no similar problems will come up in the future.
We’ve had a small outage today with our push notifications server, which lasted for a few hours. Everything should be back up and running now. Please let us know if you have any problems. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
MetroTalk 2.0 is now available for download here. This is a major update, that brings a large number of new features and performance improvements. An unread conversation counter is now available for the live tile, along with many other changes; please visit the Changelog page for the full list.
Please note that this version, also brings a complete overhaul of how settings are stored on the device. Thus it is highly recommended that you first remove any 1.x version you currently have, before installing this new release.